Dead Money

SELECT thoughts FROM paul ORDER BY rand()

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Da Vinci Code Review

First I was surprised that most of the people in the theatre with us were 20-25ish age. I thought it would attract an older crowd.

Overall I really like the movie. It was a great reinformcement for the book. There are many small plot points left out, but it covers all of the major pieces of the book very well.

There were a few deviations from the plot of the book though. The most notable were Opus Dei's involvement and Langdon's knowledge of the Grail.

As for the change for Opus Dei, it worked for the movie. I personally like the books version, but for the movie it fit.

Langdon was the voice of opposition to Teabing, where in the book he helps Teabing with filling Sophie in on the Grail. I enjoyed, however, having someone question the theories Teabing raised.

The visual effects of the movie were a great addition to help explain the complex relationships of the symbols. Ron Howard did a wonderful job of adding visual explainations for the in depth historical and theological ideas of the book.

Overall I enjoyed the movie. For me it didn't have me on the edge of my seat like the book did. But that could be because I knew what was coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home