Dead Money

SELECT thoughts FROM paul ORDER BY rand()

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I've got a bad feeling about this....

Finally after years of waiting the Star Wars DVD set comes out!

I preordered my from Amazon.com months ago and I'm anxious to watch the movies with DVD quality picture and great sound.

But I've got a bad feeling about the editing that has gone on in the movies.

I was hoping that like some other DVD release, ET for example, that Lucas would release the re-touched movies along with the orginal theatrical releases. But we are left now with only the newly Lucasized movies.

For me Star Wars was the standard of Sci-Fi movies. Not because it had the best special effects, but because of the impact it had then and now. Star Wars set the bar for other movies to come. LOTR's, Matrix, Spiderman all would not be around without the first 3 Star Wars movies.

Editing them now is like going back and having an editor rework the New Testement. The legacy of Star Wars was that the movies changed how Sci-Fi movies were made. Now we'll never be able to watch exactly why.

And now that this wait is over, when is Seinfeld coming to DVD??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home